Florida Nursery Mart - JYPPED

Florida Nursery Mart located at 10900 Griffin Road, Cooper City, FL 33328

Purchased five 14 inch Arborvitaes at approximately $16.00 each! Had them planted and none of them have grown in height or in circumference.

They even feel strange to the touch. Were GMOs involved?? Something is not right. Took the plants back.

Spoke with manager, who said there was NOTHING he could do. He suggested for me to wait one year to have them grow! I researched the plants and Google sites indicate that they are "fast-growing".

My neighbor bought a couple at Walmart at half the price I paid and within one month they grew fuller. Go figure!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Poor quality, Poor customer service.

• Plants
  • Arborvitaes
  • Cooper City Plant Nursery
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 06.

Florida Nursery Mart - Sod is full of fungus

Turnaround Time

Don't not buy Sod from this dump of a nursery!! I purchased a pallet and a week later it was all yellow and dying.

I tried returning a few pieces and explaining that it had fungus, and both managers at store said sod has no refund policy. What a *** joke!!

No wonder Home Depot is taking your business.. Over priced bad product!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Florida Nursery Mart Sod.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 28, 2017.

Comments

Nursery Mart in Davie, FL. I want to piggy back on the comment made in regards to bad sod,”fungus”.

I purchased sod from this nursery last year fall in (Aug, Sept or Oct) by winter months I noticed yellow circles on the lawn. I researched the grass type and what could possibly be happening with my lawn. It’s a fungus called grey leaf - brown spots appears on the grass blades forming yellow rings - circles of patches in the yard then it turns into a brown. I immediately called TrueGreen to access the problem, it was confirmed what I researched online - a fungus.

And, it’s very expensive to treat!! I never thought it could be the sod I recently purchased. Anyway, I started landscape in my backyard called Nursery Mart and spoke with Scott claimed owner. I said I purchased sod from you last year, I have a serious problem with fungus.

He replied our grower treats the sod before cutting and delivery. You should not have any problems with fungus or any kind of lawn disease. I too have visited the nursery and the staff is extremely nice and knowledgeable on most not all plant species. Again, I never thought they were selling a bad product.

I purchased a pallet of sod. I am carefully watching it grow. One week into the sod being laid and watching it grow I’ve noticed the same brown spots on individual blades - a fungus. The same fungus that appeared in my front yard - 1 year newly sod laid is on the blades in my back yard 1- week of growing.

I then looked up Nursery Mart reviews and came across this one. This former customer purchased sod around the same time I purchase and we both have the same results, fungus..This can not be a coencidence. I’m sure there are more customers who has purchased the same product-same results and they have not yet connected the dots. I called Scott to explain my delima.

As you can imagine, I got every excuse under the sun. He even went on to say, TrueGreen was not treating the fungus correctly. In other words based on our brief conversation, he was evading it could possibly be their grower selling them bad sod and Nursery Mart is passing it on to their customers a quality sod. He asked, if I could send pictures of my lawn as well as the sod laid less than a week ago.

Based on my intuition and the conversation I had with the owner of Nursery Mart in Davie, FL. It’s only my oppion he is not going to own up to the truth of selling a bad product...because he said they haven’t had any complaints, right!

Florida Nursery Mart - Nothing but Lies

I purchased a Papaya tree (small) from Florida Nursery Mart and had explained to the salesperson that this was my 3rd Papaya Tree have purchased from different nurseries and that none of them had given me fruit. The salesperson said to me that ALL of their Papaya trees were guaranteed to give fruit.

He said if it didn’t give fruit to return it and they would replace it. They only had two left and they only had a few leaves on them, but that it would eventually grow and gives us fruit. Well I purchased this tree on 11/11/16, planted it the same day. About two weeks ago I saw a couple of leaves turning brown and then falling off but I didn’t worry about it because I figured the new leaves would come out.

Today I noticed that it was on its death bed. I call Florida Nursery Mart just now and explained that a dead tree can’t possible give me fruit. I have never had a Papaya tree die on me, especially one that I was taking good care of. The girl on the phone tells me that they are only guaranteed for 14 days.

Seriously what tree dies in 14 days. I insisted that they had told me that the tree was guaranteed to give me fruit and she told me that she had spoken to the Manager and he basically said that there was nothing he could do for me. I noticed that they don’t even have the Papaya tree on their website. I will never buy from this company again, if you guaranteed something, you should uphold the guarantee.

It’s not the $21.00 that I paid for the tree, it’s the lying that upsets me. How can you trust a person that lies to your face?

Product or Service Mentioned: Florida Nursery Mart Papaya Tree.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 22, 2016.

Comments

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #1274082

No one even bothered to call me.